Dano, Melissa, Kennedy, Ethan, Erin, Abigail, and Emily

Dano, Melissa, Kennedy, Ethan, Erin, Abigail, and Emily

11 December 2010

A Blessed Day

Yesterday we blessed Emily. For me and Dano it was a bittersweet day as it is the first time we have blessed a baby without any family present, not even any close friends. But, Emily looked so sweet. She wore the same blessing gown that all three of her sisters wore; the same one that my sister and I wore. It’s a June Melissa Daniels Hansen original.My grandmother made it from the remainder of the material from my mother’s wedding dress. It obviously is very special and I’m so happy to have been able to have so many daughters wear it. My grandmother also knit the yellow blanket Emily is laying on and her father made the tiny turquoise bracelet that we’ve all also worn.I’m sure my grandmother is happy to see her beautiful dress continue to be worn and I’m so grateful to have these precious heirlooms and look forward to my daughters using them for their daughters.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

How wonderful to have so many beautiful reminders of family even though they couldn't be there. She looks just perfect!

Sydney said...

What a precious picture of your daughter and how cool to have that family heritage in the dress and bracelet. Love you guys! (this is Susanne writing by the way :)