Dano, Melissa, Kennedy, Ethan, Erin, Abigail, and Emily

Dano, Melissa, Kennedy, Ethan, Erin, Abigail, and Emily

06 April 2011

Parenting..Somedays are a success and somedays…well…

(a post I wrote a few weeks ago but for some reason didn’t get published)

I have to admit I love the moments when it seems something I am doing as a mother is sinking in and having a positive impact. One of those days happened recently when Abby opened up a book and began to “read” it. This is how the story went, “And it came to pass in the temple of our God I have a family here on earth.” It made those of us within earshot giggle and made my heart swell with happiness.

Perhaps it bordered on pride because it was not long after that I was toppled from my little pedestal. Ethan and I were working on his scouts and completing the character connection for Respect. We were discussing why others might be disrespectful to things we value. When he didn’t quite understand, I tried to use the example of the value of hard work. Our conversation steered in the direction of how others scoff at our choice to not have a maid or nanny here where labor is so cheap. Ethan ingenuously replied, “Well yeah. We’ve got Kennedy!”

{Splat!}

7 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

Oh Melissa, I admit I did laugh. :) I can totally relate though--

Marisa said...

That is SO hilarious! I love Ethan!!!!

Effie said...

Made me laugh as well. Mostly because of the times that I have felt that "splat" as well.

Marie Hatch Chambers said...

Ah, well. Thank you Ethan.

I love Abby's reading.

Sorry I missed you when you were here.

The Crunkletons said...

Got to love that Ethan!!

Belkycita said...

LOL!! oh Ethan, he is just too funny.

Ashley Nicole said...

Oh wow! I love your blog and I have to say I laughed out loud when I read this post... silly Ethan... I love and miss you all so much! PS I have a blog and hope to make it somewhat interesting... we will see how it goes... it will be something fun to do for this summer! LOVE YOU!!