Dano, Melissa, Kennedy, Ethan, Erin, Abigail, and Emily

Dano, Melissa, Kennedy, Ethan, Erin, Abigail, and Emily

07 November 2011

Abbyism

Lately Abby has been, out of the blue, making remarks such as, “I love Jesus” or “I want to see Jesus” and “I wonder when Jesus is coming again. I think He’s coming soon.” They’ve been very sweet and have ensued some brief but sweet conversations.

On Sunday as we were having our weekly family council she decided to bring this up again, I guess in case He was coming this week. Here is how the conversation went:

Me: Does anyone else have anything they need to discuss?
Abby: I miss Jesus.
Me: Ohhh. Me, too. (polite snickering from other participants who had never heard these interactions)
Abby: I love Jesus. I hope He comes again soon. Do you think He’s coming soon?
Me: I hope not.
Abby: (shock) Why?
Me: (shamefully) Because I’m not ready
Abby: Well, maybe I can just call him. (more snickering)
Me: How would you do that?
Abby: On the phone.
Other participant: You can’t call Jesus on the phone!
Abby: Oh…(pause)…well, I guess I’ll just Skype with Him.

5 comments:

Effie said...

Too sweet! I love this post. It truly brought a smile to my face. :)

Marie Hatch Chambers said...

Such a sweet girl! I am so glad that you are teaching her well and that you are enjoying her cuteness.

And that you are sharing her cuteness.

Marisa said...

That is too cute! I love it! I can hear her saying it in her amazingly adorable voice, too :)

Belkycita said...

I read it and thought, "oh that is SO Abby!"
What a cutie. We are experiencing the same with Victoria, her most recurring question is "Where does Jesus sleep? does he have a doggie to sleep with?"

Oh, how I love this stage :-)
Oh! and I am due Jan 1-8th (they gave me a whole week )

Company EIGHT said...

LOL! I love that! I'm so glad you shared--it made me smile.